McAfee rolls out several updates for the users of its mobile apps. The McAfee mobile app also is known as McAfee Mobile Security is one such tool that keeps your Android or iOS device safe and secure from the intruders.
While you might not know about the update, as a result of which you fail to download it on time. And later on, when you are all set to install the updates of MMS, you fail to do so. There could be a variant of reasons for it, but if you do not install it as soon as possible, your device will become prone to get hacked.
Hence, it is important you resolve the update issue at the earliest so as to ensure that your device is not at risk.
Problem with McAfee Mobile Security update
The most common problem that users come across when they try to download the app from the Play Store is that they cannot carry forward it. Even if their subscription period is not expired and they are running on a paid subscription, then also they are unable to carry forward the process.
Most of the time, this issue is commonly faced by those users whose mobile device does not meet the minimum system requirements for installing the updates. Hence, users are suggested to check the requirements for updates before they begin to install it.
Minimum system requirements for MMS updates
- Your device should have at least 35MB to 90MB of free storage space for the updated accommodation.
- A high-speed internet connection (preferably wired)
- You may also recharge your data plan.
- Or a stable Wi-Fi connection.
Read Also >> How to stay safe from SMiShing on an Apple device?
Even if your device meets the minimum system requirements and you are still facing errors while updating your security application, then you may follow the workarounds given below.
Method for fixing the update issues
Step 1: uninstall the Mobile Security app
The first thing to try in this scenario is to uninstall the app completely from your device instead of updating it. Once you uninstall it, reinstall it again and the app update would get installed with it. To uninstall the app:
- Initially, you need to navigate to the ‘Settings’ menu of your mobile phone.
- After that, tap on the ‘Apps’ or ‘Applications’ option whichever you see on the list.
- Now, go to the location of installed apps i.e. ‘Downloads’ section.
- The folder might be termed as ‘Manage Application’.
- From this folder, you need to select ‘MMS’.
- From there, select ‘Options’.
- Then, click on the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Else, select ‘Remove’.
Step 2: Install the security app once again
- First of all, you need to go to the Play Store of your device.
- In the search bar, enter ‘McAfee Mobile Security’.
- If you see the ‘Update’ option, click on it.
- Else, click on the ‘Install’ option.
- Then, wait for the installation to complete and see if it works.
After installing the updates you will be able to use the latest features of mobile security along with the necessary bug fixes. If you want to avoid coming across such hurdles during the app update, make sure to install the updates as soon as they are launched.