Have you ever been a victim of cyber-attack? Well, people around the world are witnessing several malicious activities since the onset of cyber-crime. Talking about cyber-attacks, the big names that first pop into mind are McAfee and Avast.
Which is the best pick – McAfee vs Avast? You must come across this question quite often. Considering the fact that people are now exposed to numerous cyber-attacks like malware attacks, phishing scams, and data breach, cyber security is the need of the hour.
Hackers can pry into our lives very easily and we have no clue about it. There is a lot of confidential information that is at stake – bank account details, personal health information, email addresses, Social Security Number. That’s why these two cybersecurity giants – Avast vs McAfee – are providing a wide range of tools and protection plans.
Avast vs McAfee debate has been going on for quite some time. However, as people do not even pay much attention towards using strong passwords, it is important for cybersecurity companies to give them extra protection.
Here’s a head-to-head comparison between Avast vs McAfee:
Shared features – McAfee vs Avast
- Both products are compatible with Windows PCs, MacOS, iOS, and Android.
- Free trials are available.
- Great antivirus protection.
- Safe browsing.
- Malware protection
McAfee is an award-winning antivirus program that provides a comprehensive security system. Avast also contains advanced features and utilities to give protection against different types of digital threats, including viruses, ransomware, worms, spyware.
- Performance Optimization
- Home Network Security to secure firewall protection.
- Safe browsing tools
- File shredder
- Least number of false alarms
- ID protection
- Gamer security
- Multi-device Compatibility
- Password management system
- Safe connect VPN that encrypts your sensitive data, and personal information
- Identity Theft Protection
- Block viruses, and other malware.
- Wi-fi security on public networks.
- Detection of fake or suspicious websites for safer shopping.
- An advanced firewall to protect against online threats.
- Protection from spam and phishing emails.
- Special ransomware security.
- Webcam protection to strangers for spying on the users.
- Permanently shred sensitive files.
- Update apps automatically.
- Parental controls.
- Password managers
- Anti-tracking software
- Driver updater, system cleanup, and battery saving programs
Read More >> Which antivirus is better: McAfee or Norton for Mac?
One of the important aspects of any antivirus product is the effectiveness against all kinds of malware attacks. Both brands provide an extra layer of malware protection, thus, making the McAfee vs Avast battle all the more interesting. The software provides defense against ransomware, spyware, malware, and virus attacks.
On one hand, where Avast offers omni protection to prevent your home network from intrusion; at the same time on the other hand, McAfee blocks all the attempts to install malware samples from password-protected files.
The neck-to-neck competition Avast vs McAfee gets even tougher when we compare how both the antivirus programs impact system speed. PC performance can be gauged based on how the system responds while installing antivirus. Common tasks that usually run in the background are file downloading, installing, and uninstalling other apps and web browsing. This is how the antivirus perform:
- McAfee outperforms other antivirus programs and it experiences less impact while browsing websites, launching apps, and downloading files.
- Avast also performs tasks as seamlessly as its rival and offers Avast Cleanup Premium to boost the computer’s speed and performance.
User-friendly interface – McAfee vs Avast
Both McAfee and Avast have simple, easy-to-use, and modern-styled interfaces.
Here are the major highlights of their interface:
- Theme colors are blue, white, and gray.
- Home screen displays separate tabs for PC Security, My Privacy, PC Performance, and My Info.
- Links are located on the right side of the menu that will navigate the users to Notifications, Help, News, and Settings.
- Options for updating apps, running a scan, removing browser, and cookies/trackers.
- Minimal design
- Home screen with easy access to all functions in just a few clicks.
- Vertical menu with four different tabs: Status, Privacy, Protection, and Performance.
- Link to Settings option is available at the bottom of the webpage and app page.
- On the home screen, you can use PC status, or run a quick scan for viruses.
The flagship product of McAfee – Total Protection – comes in different prices based on the number of devices connected. McAfee LiveSafe Protection covers unlimited devices. The pricing of Total Protection is divided into three tiers:
Read Also >> McAfee vs Norton: Which one is better in 2020?
- Individual – Protection for one device for a year.
- Multi-device – Protection for five devices for a year.
- Family – Protection for five devices for a year.
Avast provides a free basic version and Avast Premium Security for one to ten devices. Avast also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can get a refund for the amount after purchasing the product, if you don’t feel fully satisfied. McAfee, on the other hand, offers a 30-day free trial. That means you can download Total Protection for free of charge without entering your debit/credit card details.
Customer Satisfaction – Customer satisfaction is the key to establishing a renowned name in any industry. Both products are known for their exceptional customer satisfaction. They provide ideal customer support services for direct interaction with their valuable users. McAfee’s support team offers active phone and live chat services 24×7. The technicians are also connected with users through a large online support hub consisting of chatbot, knowledge base, and forum.
Avast has premium support avenues. Its support homepage displays various topics to help the users get information about installation, activation, subscription & account, billing, and refund requests. Users can also reach out to the Avast team via email and also report false detections to the support forum.
Avast vs McAfee continue to dominate the tech-savvy experts. Nevertheless, the point is both the software are competitive enough to get equal praise from the users. Where McAfee provides an all-around protection in terms of performance, price, and features; Avast offers great protection against all kinds of viruses. Based on the points mentioned above, you decide which antivirus software works best for you. What are you rooting for – McAfee vs Avast?