Are struggling while installing McAfee Internet Security on your Apple device? Well, you are not the only one who is facing this issue but a lot others like you.
Keeping this in mind, McAfee’s team has come up with certain solutions to get rid of the issues at the earliest. Most of the time, a user is unaware of the reasons why certain installation problems are coming in his way.
So, if you are also in the same boat when the installation ‘freezes’ and doesn’t complete even if you try running the installer for longer than usual.
In fact, this issue is not a time based issue and nothing will happen even if you extend the running time of the installer. After doing a lot of research behind this problem, McAfee’s research team found out that the issue usually arises when there are external devices attached to your system.
Fortunately, there are some solutions that have worked right for many Apple users. So without further ado, let’s head right through these tried and tested solutions after which you can continue the installation process.
Consider this quick tip before you start
After trying each workaround, you may need to restart your Apple device. Hence, it is suggested to save all the current files and close all the apps running on the background so that you don’t lose them. Once you are done, you may attach all the external devices once again and turn on the services that you have disabled earlier.
Here’s the workaround
To start, you need to turn off the Time Machine. For this,
- Using the Apple, open the ‘System Preferences’.
- Click on the ‘Time Machine’ option.
- After this, click on the ‘Lock’ icon.
- If prompted, enter the password.
- Click on the ‘Off’ button to disable the Time machine.
Once you are done, you may try running the installer once again and see if the issue is resolved or not.
Try this workaround, if the first workaround failed
- First of all, you need to disconnect external drives, if there are any.
- Next, use the above method to turn off the Time Machine.
- After this, try to run the McAfee installer again.
- Now, wait until you see the serial number on your screen.
- If you don’t see it within a few minutes, unplug any external devices connected to your Apple.
- Once again, you should run the installer.
If you still see the issue, try the next one
- To start, turn off the external devices, such as printers connected to your device.
- After this, you need to open the ‘System Preferences’.
- You may find it in the Apple menu.
- Next, you need to select and open ‘Printers and Scanners’.
- Further, disconnect any wireless printers that you may see in the list.
- Then, turn it off physically as well.
- One again, try running the installer and you will be able to install McAfee Internet Security.
If you see any specific error message when the installation fails, then you may apply the relevant workaround to get rid of the issue at the earliest.