We deploy antivirus protection on our devices to protect them from unwanted threats or data breaches. You will usually see an antivirus solution available on the PCs of business professionals because they do not want to risk their essential data.
In fact, having an antivirus on all the smart devices is the need of the hour. In case you do not agree on this point, you may look at the ransomware attacks, data breaches, or cybercrimes taking place in recent times.
Since McAfee is a trusted brand and has been serving as our life savior from the past many years, therefore McAfee Total Protection can be found in every other PC.
Need to disabling McAfee Total Protection
In recent times, many users have reported facing certain problems while this security software is running on their PCs. This is because the presence of antivirus may sometimes block certain files from getting downloaded.
Read Also >> McAfee LiveSafe- Seamless protection from multi-vector attack
Additionally, it also may mark a legitimate file as an illegitimate one and restrict its entry into your system because it considers that the particular file is containing a virus. This action taken on the part of McAfee is known as “false positive”.
Hence, if you really need that file on your Pc, then you may remove this “false positive” effect from your device for the time being. And, once the set time period gets over, the protection process starts to take place once again.
Before you begin the process to disable McAfee Total Protection, it is essential to note that your computer as well as the files present on it becomes easily hackable at this time. Hence, you are suggested to make your decision wisely.
Here are the steps to disable it
Now, that you have decided to turn off the virus protection temporarily, it is time now to learn the process.
- To begin, locate the entry of McAfee Total Protection on your PC.
- Once you locate it, double-click on its icon.
- This will bring the control panel of McAfee on your screen.
- Now, take your cursor on the “Navigation” link present at the top and click on it.
- When the Navigation Center opens, give a tap on the “Real-Time Scanning” link.
- From the given options, select the “Turn off” option.
- Next up, you need to make a selection for resuming the virus scanning process.
- Choose the preferred time from the drop-down.
- Click on the “turn-off” option once again in the end.
- Select “Done” when the process is complete.
You will see the warning message after saving your settings successfully.
Note: In case you are not sure about the time when you need to resume scanning, then you may do it manually. For this, you just need to select the “Never” option from the drop-down menu.
In case you are selecting the “Never” option for the scanning resuming purpose, then you are suggested to set a reminder on your phone so that you do not forget to enable it manually. If you do not enable it after a specified time period, then your device is at a high risk of getting infected.