It is a very common fact that the games we play online or offline are stress busters, either we kill zombies in Apocalypto or build an amusement park. But over the past few years, it is seen that there are more number people who have revealed online gaming as their hobbies. And to that note, there are hackers who are more cyber scammers who keep a keen view on the activities of such gamers and they take advantage of such gaming platforms that engage more gamers to make profiles on the dark web.
You need to remember the very next time you log in to the virtual world of choice, you need to consider the recent video game breaches activities that have hampered the online gaming portals. To stay safe from such gaming scams all you need to do is to get an antivirus solution on your PC, Mac (on whatever gaming console you play games on) to stay protected from identity theft or misuse of your profile.
Table of Contents
Why are video games are traced down?
When your gaming platform or profile is hacked then you need to understand that the phenomenon is very common when you are playing games online. The gamers are so into these games that they trust the anonymous gaming platforms and pay and provide them the payment details to upgrade their gaming characters and make games more lucrative for the hackers.
Moreover, the cybercriminals not only target the gamers via such websites they also target them via malware that is disguised as an advantage. There is cheat software for the online games that are provided for each level. For knowledge, the hackers took advantage of the “Call of Duty: Warzone” and this game was targeted by malware scam.
How to stay safe from Cheat software?
One of the steps to install the “Cheat software” was that the users have to disable the antivirus programs and the firewalls. The users let the cybercriminals walk into the device. A dropper doesn’t download a malicious file onto the device, it creates a direct pathway for the hackers to make a visit. It is very much necessary to ascertain the fact that the customers should not try to look for the hacks for the game as there are more risky websites that might have malware content to breach your profile. To protect yourself from such activities you need to download protective software such as McAfee that will provide you an extra layer of security when you are accessing such anonymous websites.
Know Also >> Why should you invest in McAfee Mobile Security?
5 important gamer security tips
If you are competing in the gaming arena and if you invest a lot of real money into your characters then you need to invest in the security measures that you need to ascertain:
- Do not reveal your personal information: It is very common for gamers to use variations of their real names along with their birthdates. We here recommend you not to use the username, you can use the nickname or a combination of random numbers. Do not reveal your personal details about yourself to impersonate you.
- Edit your personal settings: There are some online PC gamers, in which you can join campaigns with gamers from all across the world. In such a situation, if a stranger sends a friend request then you need to be on an alert mode. They might have some suspicious motives or breach your valuable personal data. We here recommend you customize the privacy settings to make your profile invisible to strangers.
- Do not download the pirated games or download the cheat software: The developers spend a lot of time creating amazing games, so make sure you purchase games legally and play them as they as intended. You need to be aware of free downloads or pirated versions. To mod your console or to use the pirated version of the game is an open invitation to the virus on your device.
- Log in with a VPN: A virtual private network maintains the online data traffic, it makes it impossible for the hackers to access the IP address and spy on the online browsing. A VPN pin keeps your account secure with the pin and maintains your encrypted data. It is very important for a gamer to have a VPN pin on your data.
- Sign up for the gaming antivirus software: The gaming antivirus software not only makes your online gaming experience more secure but also boosts the performance of the gamers. With McAfee gamer security software you can stay safe from threats through the cloud and optimize the resources to minimize the data breach.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
By the end of this informative article, we hope that you are now clear with the fact to keep your account safe and secured from the cybercriminals who try to breach the account or the profile. We also recommend you to download the McAfee Gamer security software and for more information, you can visit mcafee.com/activate.